FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dragging Canvas Beyond Edge

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phillr
Dragging Canvas Beyond Edge
on May 19, 2006 at 9:30:48 pm

I'm using Photoshop CS. I remember a time when I was able to freely move my canvas around within my file window using the Hand Tool. Like I could click and drag, and place the canvas in one corner of the window, or place it on the opposite, anywhere!

Now I can't, the canvas is locked to be in the center when i'm zoomed out to the point where I can see the grey 'empty' area. I can't move my canvas around, it's stuck in the center. When i'm zoomed to the point where the canvas is larger than my window (e.g. 1600%) and i'm right at the corner of my canvas (let's say top-left corner), my hand tool can't drag the canvas towards bottom-right. It's like my canvas has reached it's 'limit' of where it can move.

I'm pretty sure there was a time when I could freely move the canvas around with the Hand Tool wherever I felt, regardless of zoom level and I would see that grey 'empty' area if I moved it too far. Am I crazy? Is it possible I have something 'turned' on that's preventing me from doing so?

P.S. Does ANYBODY know how to create a thread in the Adobe forums? The help files say to click the "Add Topic" link, but I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Return to posts index

Andrei Lutic
Re: Dragging Canvas Beyond Edge
on May 23, 2006 at 8:21:28 am

You can move the canvas if you're in the Full Screen Mode or the Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]