FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Refresh Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alli228
Photoshop Refresh Issues
on May 1, 2006 at 8:20:53 pm

I am working in PS-CS
The print shop has asked for the files to be 120dpi. The canvas size is 56" wide by 48" tall.
The file infomation tells me that the file is 1.4 gig and each layer/element is about 15meg and there are about 3-5 of these layers.
My question/problem is:
how can i make the refresh quicker? Everytime i move something or do anything the refresh takes about 20-30 seconds. I just revamped my computer. My operating system is windows xp professional with a 2 gig pentium 4 processor and have dedicated 460 meg of ram to PS CS and have all other programs shut while working in PS.

Alli228

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Photoshop Refresh Issues
on May 4, 2006 at 3:43:06 pm

Adobe recomends 3to5x the file size of free ram for photohsop. I am not sure about how you are allocating RAM in XP, 460mb is nothing. You should have 2gb or more of ram, and only run photohsop as you have been.

There are many other things I could tell you such as to turn on pixel doubling, but your slow refresh is most likely cause your file is going into virtual memory which is 45X slower than ram.

Return to posts index

alli228
Re: Photoshop Refresh Issues
on May 5, 2006 at 3:00:48 pm

MIke
thanks for the advise. i will try to increase the ram. i was not aware of the virtual ram that you referred to.
thanks again
a

Alli228

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]