FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance on making a picture look older

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Assistance on making a picture look older
on Apr 18, 2006 at 2:46:54 am

Fairly new to Photoshop... I'm trying to put a dark edges/oval highlight on an older picture.... To give it an older look. Want the center of pix normal, but darker corners.... I've seen this done before, but can't figure out how to do it... (If it was video, I'd just do a oval wipe to background color over picture....)

Could someone point me to a demo or thread that explains how to do this in Photoshop CS2, please?

Jan

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Assistance on making a picture look older
on Apr 18, 2006 at 2:11:36 pm

The dodge and burn tools can be very helpful for this.

You cold also create a new layer above your art, set that layer blending mode to multiply, then paint on that layer with a medium gray. You can also set your brush to mode of multiply, to get that random look of dark edges.

Return to posts index

grafikhaus
on Apr 22, 2006 at 7:58:11 am

Hi,
if I understand you rightly, this is quite easy. Simply make the pic sepia or b/w with a "feathered" edge.
Try
http://www.grafikhaus.co.uk/pstutssepia.htm

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Apr 22, 2006 at 2:06:59 pm

Thanks both of you... It was the addition of the Feathered edge that had me stumped....

I'm a video guy, not an artist, and to my way of thinking, I wanted to do a soft edged wipe to background in a switcher....

Learning the ways of doing this in Photoshop is a different approach compared to video.... THANKS!!!!

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Apr 24, 2006 at 12:03:16 am

Let me ask one other question..... If I want to alter the shape of rectangle or eliptical Marquee.... Make it fatter or thinner....

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]