FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding a "bumpy" texture to layer to make it look like a football

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zac bolinger
adding a "bumpy" texture to layer to make it look like a football
on Apr 6, 2006 at 12:26:59 pm

I am doing a poster for a neighbors son. It is a 16 x 20 poster with two images on it. I want the entire background to look like a football. I have a leather texture made and i have made a pattern in PSD that will tile. The patten is small radial gradient circles with white on the outside and pure black in the middle. I have something that looks okay but i am looking for more realism. I can't seem to get the bump right of the texture. I thought there was a way i could apply the black and white pattern as a texture but i can't seem to find it. I have tried to emboss using the pattern but that does not keep the color right. I thought what i was looking for was inside the lighting effects but it does not let me select the pattern as a channel. Does anyone have a idea? I want to add his name and number on the background so i need the type to appear as if printed on the ball as well. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

joe
Re: adding a "bumpy" texture to layer to make it look like a football
by
on Apr 6, 2006 at 1:41:37 pm

Have you considered takeing a close-up picture of an actual football?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: adding a "bumpy" texture to layer to make it look like a football
on Apr 10, 2006 at 8:14:58 pm

Save a grayscale psd file of your bump texture. Then on your leather colored document use filter>>texture>>texturizer and rather than sandstone load the texture of your bumpmap. You may want to put add some monchromatic noise into this for realism, if your leather texture is a flat color.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]