FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd resolution after scanning

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Ortega
Odd resolution after scanning
on Apr 5, 2006 at 9:11:26 pm

Can anyone please advise me on why this might be happening?
When I scan a photo into photoshop on one particular computer, no matter what scanning dpi I set in the scanner, when I check the image size in Photoshop, it says a resolution of 1 dpi and some huge number of inches, like 2000 by 1600.
On other computers in the same room, running the same windows xp and version of photoshop and using the same scanner, the same process will give me an image size of the same dpi as the scanner had set and the corect size of the scanned photo, such as 200 dpi and 8 by 10 inches.
I can't figure this out. Could it be that the computer has a virus? Is there some setting in the scanner or in Photoshop that I am not setting correctly?
Thanks for any advice.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Odd resolution after scanning
on Apr 10, 2006 at 8:28:02 pm

I have a feeling your problem is not in the scanner software but with your Photoshop settings being corrupt.

As a test, try taking the image that you scanned on the bad machine, and opening taht in Phtohsop on the good machine. If it comes out correct, than Phtohsop is the problem.

Most likely you can easily fix this by resetting your Photoshop preferences (hold your fingers over SHIFT CTRL ALT, boot photoshop, immediately depress the 3 keys, choose the option from the pop up to reset preferences).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]