FORUMS: list search recent posts

Texture Help

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DeasIV
Texture Help
on Mar 28, 2006 at 5:39:36 pm

I have a photo of an orange with a slice taken out, and I want to superimpose an image of Earth onto it. This is easily done. My problem is that the two images are so different from one another that the illusion of the earth with an orange chunk taken out isn't easily swallowed. If I could get the orange skin's bumps underneath to show through, or apply the orange's texture to the globe, it would look more like an orange painted to look like the earth, and that's more of what I was looking for. I've tried what I know how to do with simple layer opacities and whatnot, but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

- Deas

Return to posts index

Underbelly
Re: Texture Help
on Mar 28, 2006 at 10:23:48 pm

With the 2 images in front of me it's really hard to come up with a solution. But, I would try going through the channel of the orange. Find out which channel has the most detail of the orange texture. Select and copy the whole channel. Copy that information into an empty layer above the Earth. Now play with different blending mode to see what looks best.

Hope this help.

Return to posts index

DeasIV
Re: Texture Help
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:51:57 pm

I took your advice and with a little bit of tweaking, it came out better than I had imagined! (For an amateur, that is.) I'm happy with the results. I got a nice shiny surface on the orange, but the earth is quite visible. Still looks fake, but it looks waaay better than it did yesterday. Thanks for the input. (Wish I could show it to you somehow, but I have no webspace.) Thanks again!

- Deas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]