FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layers

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brooka3000
Layers
on Mar 27, 2006 at 3:16:38 pm

I am trying to overlap and superimpose images and I'm not sure how create layers. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Return to posts index

Nolan Scott
Re: Layers
on Mar 27, 2006 at 9:24:23 pm

Well, I presume you

Return to posts index

Underbelly
on Mar 28, 2006 at 10:31:48 pm

Whenever you copy and paste anything into a document or drop and drag it into the document, it should be on its own layer.

Return to posts index

brooka3000
on Mar 29, 2006 at 12:31:17 pm

Hey Nolan,
Thank you for your help. I understand what you mean but I cant quite figure it out. I'm ignorant as far as layers go, and I am unsure just how to start/open the layers. Also I am not sure how to make it transparent, or drag them into others. If you could give be a quick step by step, that would be awesome. I appreciate it. Thank you.
Brook

Return to posts index

Underbelly
on Mar 29, 2006 at 3:16:56 pm

A layer is a basic building block of photoshop. I's really get a book or manual about photoshop. But quickly,have you layers pallet open (Window pulldown menu - layers) This will show you all the layers in your document. If it's a new document, you will probably only have the background layer. It sort of like dowing animation where you have a background drawing and then you lay clear plastic on top of it. So to get a layer on top of the background, go to layers on top pulldown menu and choose new layer. Now in your layers pallet you should see a layer on top of the background (this is a transparent layer). If you draw on it, you will draw over your background without effecting the background.

This is about as basic as I can make it. If you don't understand this, I'm afraid I can't help and you should by a basic photoshop book because you NEED TO LEARN THE BASICs before you can really start messing with layers.

Return to posts index

Nolan Scott
on Mar 30, 2006 at 4:44:09 am

Hi Brook,

Let

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]