FORUMS: list search recent posts

batch image processing for After Effects prep

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair
batch image processing for After Effects prep
on Mar 8, 2006 at 10:44:44 am

Hi, i have a large variety of high resolution images that i'm wanting to use in an After Effects composition for broadcast (actually, the comp is 1024 x 768 in size).

I started to try to work with these images in After Effects but since they were so large they just crippled my computer.

I am wanting to run a batch process on all images that would go... If the height of this image is > 768px , then resize height to 768px and save to a designated folder

I have one more question... What should i save these images as for a good balance of quality/file size?, Would Jpeg with 100% be suitable?

many thanks,
Alistair

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: batch image processing for After Effects prep
on Mar 8, 2006 at 2:03:54 pm

You'll want to record an action resizing one image, then use File > Automate > Batch.

If that's too complicated, you can also use File > Automate > Web Photo Gallery - set your image size and compression there. Your images will end up in a folder called "images" inside whatever folder you specify for the destination. There will be an index.html file and a thumbmail folder that you can throw away.

How much compression to use really depends on your own needs/storage capabilities/etc. Files saved JPG at 100% are not going to show any appreciable image degradation (at least to my eye) but will save quite a bit of space.

Return to posts index

Alistair
on Mar 8, 2006 at 3:24:11 pm

Thanks kim, i got the automation to work although it's taking all afternoon and just i'm going for Jpeg on max resolution.

From one fiddle player to another, thanks! ;)

You gotta be true to yourself, and true to who you are, and who you think you want to be. And you gotta stand up for who you are and what you do, and what you believe in, and believe to be true. You gotta believe that you will stand up for what you think is right, and above all, truly believe that you can be whoever you want to be, as long as you're true to who you are.

Return to posts index

Alistair
on Mar 9, 2006 at 12:04:44 pm

There were some images in my collection that were originally under 768px in height and my processing has stretched these also.

Do you know if there is a way to run this kind of thing on a folder but make sure it only resizes when the image is larger than 768 in height?

You gotta be true to yourself, and true to who you are, and who you think you want to be. And you gotta stand up for who you are and what you do, and what you believe in, and believe to be true. You gotta believe that you will stand up for what you think is right, and above all, truly believe that you can be whoever you want to be, as long as you're true to who you are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]