FORUMS: list search recent posts

dual monitors

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benhanjack55
dual monitors
on Feb 27, 2006 at 12:01:15 pm

I have photoshop sc2 and have just purchased a second monitor.It works fine but was wondering how to:

1)Set up my pallets etc where they will stay there each time i open up sc2
2)Any suggestions as to where to put things(i realise that this is a personal preference thing) but just wondered where and how the "pros" placed their desktop arrangement.
One of my monitors is 17" 4x 3 and the other is a 19 inch widescreen.I was going to put just the image on the widescreen and put all my tools etc on the 17 inch 4x 3 but open to suggestions
THanks in advance

Wayne

Return to posts index

renato
Re: dual monitors
on Feb 27, 2006 at 5:51:12 pm

Hello,

The answer to your first question is pretty simple.. Place all the palletes in the position you want them to stay, then go to window > workspace > save workspace. Make sure pallete location is selected, give it a name (ie. dual monitor) and click ok.

If you change the position of the palletes and want to get them back to this setup just go to window > workspace and choose the workspace you saved from the list.

Your other question you already answered. Its a personal thing and I doubt it that anyone can give you suggestions on where to place the palletes.. Just give some time to be used to the 2 monitors and you will find a good position for things based on what palletes you use the most..

hope this helps

renato

Return to posts index

benhanjack55
on Feb 27, 2006 at 6:45:17 pm

Thanks very much for the advise-much appreciated
REGARDS

Wayne

Return to posts index

Jelena
on Feb 28, 2006 at 12:53:31 pm

this helped me too :)) Thanx :)

Jelena

http://www.jelenavukosav.com

Return to posts index

jayse
on Mar 3, 2006 at 2:15:47 am

if you're looking for suggestions on setup - it often depends on what you're doing in PS. 98% of the time i have just my PS doc and my tool pallette open on my wide screen and that's my main focus. I move all my pallettes over to the secondary. I stretch my layers pallette from top to bottom and it's the fist thing (on the left) on the second monitor. I typically close all other panels - except maybe the Character/paragraph palette which I like to always be open.

Otherwise I like to focus on the art/design. I'll sometimes hit Tab or shift tab to hide the palettes - and i like hitting f - f - f, which gets me into a very focused mode. Clears everything. :-)

If I'm painting - i also have the color swatches up - and the brush palette.

If I'm designing for the web - or working with vectors - often i'll do 'window > arrange> new window for "xxxx.psd" and have two views of the same doc open at the same time. One will be zoomed in - and the other ALWAYS at exactly 100% so I can see how my zoomed in changes are truly affecting the design. This also prevents the annoying vectorshape 'outline' as that is only present in the currently active window.

Hope that helps - welcome to dual monitors - you'll never go back. :-)

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

benhanjack55
on Mar 5, 2006 at 5:57:06 pm

Yeah that is exactly what i was asking and thankyu very much for laying it out.Sometimes it just as easy as ABC but one needs to see how others do it to at first to understand what they can and should do.Pros do it because they have done it and made mistakes along the road and are willing to share their knowledge and how not to do it as well as how to do it-we can all learn from people like u.THese forums are great-especially when people like yourself "lay it out" for people like me.Thanks again

best Regards

Wayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]