FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to create the look of TV scan lines

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
davidseay
how to create the look of TV scan lines
on Feb 18, 2006 at 2:36:50 pm

I'm trying to re-create a TV scan line look and need lots and lots of horizontal lines filling the screen with a small but consistant amount of vertical space in between. In Photoshop 6, I used dither box, but in CS I cannot find a way to create it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

renato
Re: how to create the look of TV scan lines
on Feb 18, 2006 at 11:50:09 pm

Hello,

You can create a pattern for this effect. Make a new document 4 px tall and 1 px wide. (width dont really matter since you want horizontal lines).. make a 2 px tall selection on the bottom part of the canvas and fill the selection with black. invert the selection and fill the top half with white. Go to select > select all, and then go to edit > define pattern...

Then go back to the composition you are creating, make a new layer on top of the layer stack, and use the paint bucket tool to fill the layer with a pattern...choose the pattern you just created. Fill the new layer with this new pattern and you will see black and white scan lines. Change the blend mode of the layer (to something like overlay or soft light), play with the transparency of the layer if needed and that should do the trick

hope it helps

good luck

renato

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]