Multiple Alpha Channels question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon
Multiple Alpha Channels question
by
on Feb 16, 2006 at 11:30:02 pm

Sup guys,

I have a quick question about a PSHOP document containing three different alpha channels. So right, I have three different alpha channels each masking a different section of the screen when needed. The "save" file needs to be a TARGA file saved at 32 bit to of course hold the alpha channel. Now when I save the file with the desired alpha channel(out of the three in the channels palette) as a TAGRA it does not take the channel. If it is saved with only one alpha in the pallette(not three, I deleted the other two) it of course holds the channel. Pheww, now is there a way save a targa and get the alpha channel I want without always adding and deleting channels?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Multiple Alpha Channels question
on Feb 17, 2006 at 12:16:40 am

Nope.... Targas and Picts only recognize first alpha channel

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Jon
Merging Multiple Alpha Channels question
by
on Feb 17, 2006 at 2:36:24 am

Ahhh....I see. Thanks. On another note. Is it possible to merge two alpha channels? -the HELP says they need to be two different grayscale images with alpha channels- true??
thanks for you help
jon

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Merging Multiple Alpha Channels question
on Feb 17, 2006 at 2:43:14 am

Two different ways

calculations command or

Cmd click on one, then shift md click on other... then click new channel button to create a channl using current selection

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Jon
Re: Merging Multiple Alpha Channels question
by
on Feb 17, 2006 at 9:13:52 pm

Cool thank you Richard!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]