FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stop motion project

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eriqneedshelp
Stop motion project
on Feb 16, 2006 at 8:45:25 pm

I'm making a live action stop-motion project with 1000's of still digital photographs. This is is a video project so I only need the file size to be 720 x 480. The smallest file the digial rebel I'm working with takes is 1500 x1000. This is creating a couple problems:

1) I'm importing the pictures with iPhoto and it's a very, very slow process. I normally work with nikons, and they appear as a drive. I can normally just select and drag photo's into my desktop. Any recomendations on a better way to import photo's on a canon?

2) The file sizes are way too big for Final Cut Pro. My render times are insane. So I want to shrink down the photo's to a mor managable pixel rate. Any ideas on how to do this wihtout having to convert each picture individually. I'm working with over 1000 digital stills so I'm looking or a way to convert all of them together.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Stop motion project
on Feb 17, 2006 at 12:17:43 am

Image Processor or Video Actions in CS2

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

stevem1928
on Feb 20, 2006 at 4:22:30 pm

Write an action to reduce the size of one photo, then run the entire folder through the Automate > Batch

Return to posts index

stevem1928
on Feb 20, 2006 at 4:44:40 pm

I did not know about the image processor mentioned in the earlier post. I checked it out. It is easier/better than writing an action.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]