FORUMS: list search recent posts

pixel aspect ration for video

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EclecticBubba
pixel aspect ration for video
on Feb 16, 2006 at 2:37:50 am

yes, here we go again. and appeal to the gods of pixel aspect ratio corrections....

although this is a quirky little problem.

I'm trying to write a little action and/or batch to process a bunch of stills for video. I know they're in square pixels... and I know if I open a new document with a DV preset, I can easily move a square pixeled image over to the new doc and it will magically translate teh square to non-square pixels. My problem is, I have about 3 or 4 hundred stills that a client wants on a video timeline, so I'd like to save a bunch of time by resizing, rescaling, or whatever... and when writing a batch or action, I can't find the proper tool, or I lack the proper technique to do a resize that will import into my NLE. (I'd also like to correct levels for video, etc. for the batch.)
This has also come up for me trying to find a simple way to translate PowerPoint slides to "fit" video without a bunch of manual transfers.
I am to the point that I'm about to export to AfterEffects, do an "interpret" and then export back out as a series of Jpegs.... but what a mess.

anyone have an idea for a shortcut to rescaling some photos to do quick export / import to an NLE?

PhotoShop CS1,
Media 100 8.22
G4 dual 1.42

thanks kiddies...

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
Re: pixel aspect ration for video
on Feb 16, 2006 at 3:48:51 am

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I did come here to ask the exact opposite of what you asked. I have stills from an NLE timeline and I need to make them square square pixels for computer viewing. I'd also like to use batch processing. Thanks.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 16, 2006 at 3:59:53 am

Create an action that resize to 640 X 480 (or 486)

Then use Batch command

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Feb 16, 2006 at 4:04:30 am

Thanks Richard, I'm not sure which question your answer applies to. I do have your original photoshop book for non linear editors, I'll check out your CS2 version.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 16, 2006 at 3:58:52 am

Download CS 2 Demo

Use buitl in video actions (I wrote)

Run DVD Slideshow action

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]