FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layers IN AE W/ Cam movement

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Espnetboy3
Layers IN AE W/ Cam movement
on Feb 14, 2006 at 3:40:52 am

Im trying to accomplish basically what andrew kramer showed in his compositing video tutorial about cam movement and DOF. I have my digi matte painting in photoshop. Its a flat tiff, and I want to create a foreground middleground and background cutting them out and layering them in 3d space in AE giving it a more realistic feel and look. The problem is that I use the lasso tool to cut my layers out but they dont seem to match up when I bring them into a new comp and or another photoshop document. My digimatte is some rediculous size because i did not realize this when i was working on it and didnt plan to add cam movement. So I made a new one and made the size 720x480 and now when i drag my layers I cut with the lasso tool and try to put them together like a puzzle to make the same pic so when i bring it to AE i can create this depth, they arent lining up and even when i resize them its all off. ANY HELP as to how to create this effect would be fantastic. Im kind of in a rush I hope you understand what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks

Return to posts index

renato
Re: Layers IN AE W/ Cam movement
on Feb 14, 2006 at 4:11:07 am

is it possible to see a screenshot of the image you are trying to use? might make it easier to point out what the problem is. Either that or I hope someone else brings you a solution..

good luck
renato

Return to posts index

jayse
Re: Layers IN AE W/ Cam movement
on Mar 3, 2006 at 2:49:33 am

typically what I'll do is make the PS file at least twice as big as I need. Keep all the layers in PS - save - import as composition in AE.

Then turn all layers 3d except the background.

Then change the z-depth of each - forwards and back
Then change the scale of each to compenate for the z-depth

Then animate your cam...

I think maybe you were skipping the scaling step so they didn't align anymore.

Hope that helps!

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]