FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer Style??

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon
Layer Style??
by
on Feb 3, 2006 at 4:50:19 am

Im just curious, how come when I have a layer style (glow) applied to a layer and I merge it with a new blank layer (Im merging because Im using the layer in After Effects) the GLOW effect doesn't mantain it's purity, I guess you could say? Its not as rich and changes after the merge. Why?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jon
Re: Layer Style??
by
on Feb 7, 2006 at 1:40:49 am

anyone??

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Layer Style??
on Feb 7, 2006 at 4:27:31 am

It shouldn't.. be sure you are interpreting the alpha in AE as being premultiplied

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Jon
It looks fine in AE
by
on Feb 8, 2006 at 2:17:01 am

It looks fine in AE. Just when merging in Pshop the glow quality changes so then I duplicate the layer, change the opacity a bit, then re merge. Why when merging in pshop it changes?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: It looks fine in AE
on Feb 8, 2006 at 2:34:51 am

Check to see if you have a blending mode applied in the glow (part of the style)... Merging changes the glow to Normal mode

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Jon
Re: It looks fine in AE
by
on Feb 8, 2006 at 6:07:55 am

Nope no blending mode I dont know maybe its just changing a little because it has to, who knows. BUT speaking of blending modes how to you get an image to matain its look with its currtent blending modes applied, after you merge it?

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]