FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting titles from Photoshop to Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miriam Millan
Exporting titles from Photoshop to Final Cut Pro
on Feb 1, 2006 at 2:05:57 pm

Hi,

I need to find out how to create great tiles in Photoshop, with effects, layer styles, to later import into Final Cut Pro. The steps to achieve both, without loosing any work done in PS. Or is it just better to create all titles in Live Type???

Thanks in advanced,
Miriam

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Exporting titles from Photoshop to Final Cut Pro
on Feb 2, 2006 at 1:21:49 pm

[Miriam Millan] "I need to find out how to create great tiles in Photoshop, with effects, layer styles, to later import into Final Cut Pro. The steps to achieve both, without loosing any work done in PS."

Hi Miriam
All you need to do is create your wonderfully creative photoshop files, then create alpha channels for the entire composition. Or you might want to create an alpha for each individual layer and save them individually like "Great art" for the entire comp., then "Great art 1" for the top layer, "Great art 2" for the 2nd layer and so on. Richard Harrington's book Photoshop for Nonlinear Editors would help, as would the software from Tools for Television Pro from Glen Stephens, which I use every day to make alpha channels. These files can be psd or tif (or pict or tga if you like) and the alphas will cut the hole for the photoshop fill. If you size your composition to be twice the size of your project's resolution then zooming or moving the layers doesn't lose sharpness (After Effects has done this for years but I do in on my NLE).

This may be an oversimplified explanation but I HTH.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]