FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matte Painting From PS to AE

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Espnetboy3
Matte Painting From PS to AE
on Jan 28, 2006 at 2:53:21 am

I have been working on a matte painting for the last couple of days. I finally did what i needed to do in Photoshop so I saved the file as a tiff. I then brought it into after effects and after doing some more work to it, I have noticed the color is a bit off than when the file is in photoshop. The darks arent as dark for the main part.(shadows mostly) I also added a grain to it in photoshop and in after effects I cant really notice the grain being there. Any suggestions. I brought it in as both a tiff and a psd file into AE.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Matte Painting From PS to AE
on Jan 28, 2006 at 3:14:57 am

Turn off color management in Photoshop

Use video export ability of both programs to look on a broadcast monitor

Be sure AE is full qual and 100%... otherwise grain (which is often only a pixel high) can dissappear

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Espnetboy3
on Jan 28, 2006 at 8:52:03 am

Richard I already have the document as a psd and tiff in Photoshop finished. Since im done with working in PS can I save it without color management on or is this something I would have had to do before I worked on this piece? That would be terrible being I put a few hours into it.
If it isnt the same color profile can i switch it?
When I open it in photoshop a message comes up saying embeded profile mismatch does not match the current rgb working space. The embeded profile will be used instead of the working space. Then it tells me the embeded profile which says adobe rgb 1998 and working which is sRGB IEC61966-2.1

By the way I just got your CS for non linear editors book as a christmas gift. Heard it was very useful from a buddy of mine.

Return to posts index

Espnetboy3
on Jan 30, 2006 at 12:38:42 am

I hate to post back to back but if someone could please answer this for me I would greatly apreciate it.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 30, 2006 at 1:12:24 am

Was on an overdue vacation.....

You don't need to save without color management.. I am just saying that it won't match what you saw when originally making it. Color management got in the way when you first made it.

Suggest turning color management off, and discarding profile when you open it.

Then adjsut the image while viewing it on your broadcast monitor.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]