FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can you take a layer from one PSD to another PSD and have it end up in the same location?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mr_gfx
How can you take a layer from one PSD to another PSD and have it end up in the same location?
on Jan 27, 2006 at 5:31:22 pm

I have PS 6. I have a duplicated PSD document. I want to take a layer from on and drag it into the other and have it end up in the same position as it was in the other one.

whenever i drag the layer into the new PSD, it lands wherever my cursor lands.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: How can you take a layer from one PSD to another PSD and have it end up in the same location?
on Jan 27, 2006 at 5:35:36 pm

Control or right click on the layer in the layers palette and select "Duplicate Layer." In the dialog box, switch the destination file to the file you've been trying to drag it to. It'll copy the layer to the other file in the same location as it was.

You can also duplicate multiple layers and keep their position relative to each other by putting them in a layer set and duplicating the layer set.

k

Return to posts index

renato
Re: How can you take a layer from one PSD to another PSD and have it end up in the same location?
on Jan 27, 2006 at 7:43:59 pm

You can also do it using a keyboard shortcut. Drag the layer to the new psd, and before you release the mouse button, press and hold the shift key, and it will keep the original position.

hth

renato

Return to posts index

mr_gfx
on Jan 30, 2006 at 9:56:03 pm

i am trying to take it into ANOTHER PROJECT. not the same one.

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on Jan 30, 2006 at 9:57:22 pm

My instructions are for taking a layer from one project (file) to another. This part is the key:

"In the dialog box, SWITCH THE DESTINATION FILE to the file you've been trying to drag it to."

Return to posts index

renato
on Feb 2, 2006 at 6:01:00 am

I understood you the first time...Believe me it works.. Drag the element from the original psd to the NEW psd and hold shift before you release the element...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]