FORUMS: list search recent posts

does anyone know how they did this ?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
janaipnai
does anyone know how they did this ?
on Jan 25, 2006 at 4:30:55 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/jnam/_MG_9859.jpg

can anyone help me with how they did this ? with or with out a slow shutter speed

Return to posts index

Laszlo Kovacs
Re: does anyone know how they did this ?
on Jan 25, 2006 at 2:16:32 pm

Well, I think it depends on the source.
Is is a screenshot form a video, or just a single photo?
If it's a video, then you should turn to the pros at the After Effects forum, because this is probably Trapcode's 3D Stroke.
I don't know of such plugin under Photoshop, but if was a photo, and I had to achieve this, I'd surely use 3D Stroke (it's possible to import layered Photoshop files into AE). I'd then mask out the actors where I want the strokes to appear behind them, apply the effect, and export a single frame back to Photoshop.
Done.
Or, simply brushes in Photoshop? I'm not sure...

HTH

Laszlo
Life is too short to drink poor wine.

Return to posts index

Phil Radelat
Re: does anyone know how they did this ?
on Jan 31, 2006 at 4:58:14 am

Someone "traced" the individuals with a flashlite with an open shutter on the camera with a very small F-stop (notice the large depth-of-field). Then they fired off a fill-in flash at a desired exposure.

Obviously some tests were performed to find the right amount of time/F to expose the light coming in through the sides. Usually it takes a few tries to get the flashlight traces where you want them, but with today's digital cameras that doesn't take too long. I've done stuff like this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]