FORUMS: list search recent posts

turning brushes in Adobe Photoshop CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
purrsia
turning brushes in Adobe Photoshop CS2
on Jan 5, 2006 at 4:50:23 am

Hi
I made a brush I need to turn. The brush I made are a pair of eyelashes and they sit sideways. I need to know how to turn them so they will lay on the eye properly and also size them down to fit. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance.
Kelley

Return to posts index

renato
Re: turning brushes in Adobe Photoshop CS2
on Jan 7, 2006 at 3:51:56 am

hello

you could paint one eye on a new layer, then duplicate the layer and flip it horizontaly (edit > transform > flip horizontal)

then if you need to resize it just scale it using edit > transform > scale. (If you hold shift while draging you will scale while keeping the original proportion).

or...you could create a second brush.. specially if you plan to use this fliped brush again... use the method above to flip your original and then use the fliped version to create a new brush.. and you will have the right and the left eye as brushes for future use. the advantage is that you can scale the brush as you do with regular brushes, without the need to keep using transform > scale. (just make sure you dont uprez it or you will lose quality)

hope this helps, sorry if you already know most of this

good luck
renato

Return to posts index

jayse
on Jan 10, 2006 at 4:40:38 am

in the brushes dialog box (in the upper right hand corner) there's a section that doesn't look like a section - it's VERY well hidden and looks like a header. But if you click it - you'll find all your options for rotating brushes etc.

It's called "Brush Tip Shape" of all things. There you'll see options to rotate (angle) and even flip x or flip y. You can also just click and drag inside the circle diagram. Hold down shift to constrain the angle.

Hope that helps!

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

renato
on Jan 10, 2006 at 5:14:50 am

sorry...I didnt know you could flip it there..nice tip, thanks

Return to posts index

jayse
on Jan 18, 2006 at 3:09:54 am

no problem! Took me quite a while to find it too - i was actually creating different version brushes for a long time before I stumbled upon that and was like - Eureka!

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]