FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do i make this not happen

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dabbleby
how do i make this not happen
on Jan 2, 2006 at 10:46:24 pm

i am trying to export an irregular shaped photoshop image into indesign and regaradless of what i do when i paste it into indesign a white rectangle appears around the part of the image i want to see. ive tried making the white rectanle on the background of the canvas have a 0% opacity level, and ive tried only copying the selection of what i want to paste, and always a white rectangle appears around the image when it is pasted into indesign. i only really tried those two things but as i said neither work and i dont know what else to try. i asked this same question a few weeks ago and the answer that was responded said that it was probably the view in indesign. that i should go to view and select high quality display, but that did not seem too make a difference. what am i doing wrong.

whoopie

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: how do i make this not happen
on Jan 2, 2006 at 11:43:22 pm

You need to make a clipping path or an alpa channel, ten tell ID to use it.

You also need to Import NOT paste files

Use the Export Transparent Image assistant (under Help menu) in Photoshop to get started

All well covered in manuals/adobe help center if you get stuck

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]