FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Photoshop Images in Film

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sophie876
Using Photoshop Images in Film
on Dec 27, 2005 at 1:41:04 pm

Hello and Happy Merry to All,

I shouldn't have used the word, "film", in the Subj. line, but rather, video that will be used first in DVD format and then upconverted (we pray) to HD or film. Yes, at long last, I'm working on a feature film... or rather, feature video... and we are hoping to make it into the festivals in 2007.

This movie will utilize a great many still images. I want to do my best to avoid problems in the future by handling the images correctly right from the start. Here are my questions:

Given the ultimate big-screen use of the video, at what resolution should the images be scanned?

I intend to do a lot of Ken Burnsing in AE. Should the resolution be increased on those images? How much?

Should the images be sized at 720 X 480, the same as video? Will that work ultimately, given the different aspect ratios involved?

Is there anything I should have asked about this but didn't?

Is there a source or site that discusses the ins and outs of using PS images in film at length? Richard, I know, discusses the use of PS in video (bless him, I have the book and the t-shirt), but I think this is a bit different.

Thanks very much,
Sophie

Dual Gig G-4
FCP 4.5
PS CS
DVDSP 3
AE6.5

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Using Photoshop Images in Film
on Dec 30, 2005 at 4:24:18 am

Start at PhotoshopforVideo.com then pick up my Photoshop book...

You stills shoudl match resolution of video... (unless ayou are doing pan and scan effects)

But.. your DV film can't really be film rezzed that easily

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]