FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating "ghostly" reproductions????

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Munkittrick
Creating "ghostly" reproductions????
on Dec 23, 2005 at 7:38:01 pm

Hi all, I'm in the process of recreating a visual art piece for a friend who owns one of the most well known hauntings in the US. It is widely recognized that their bed and breakfast has been on the "haunted radar" for years and years, but I've been asked to exploit that underhanded charm and play directly into the line of fire.

I am in the process of recreating approximately 25 photos/portraits with talent, costumes and period photography for use in brochures, their website and along the walls inside the location.

I need to create some unique "ghostly" or ghost-like features that some might have to consider as they peruse the literature and website. What kind of fun ideas pop into mind and what type of methods could I employ to mimic 1800's photography with the likes of a Brownie camera?

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Creating "ghostly" reproductions????
on Dec 24, 2005 at 8:05:51 pm

Think "Haunted Mansion" at the Disney theme parks (not the movie).

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

pmerrill
Re: Creating "ghostly" reproductions????
on Jan 2, 2006 at 6:10:51 pm

I would recommend using lots of blueish tones in your images. Make the images appear as though they were taken in some sort of unnatural blue night - as far as photography, I would recommend some shots of the tops of naked trees. Also, have fun with the lighting effects (Filter > Render > Lighting Effects...).

I once attempted to make a short movie based off of a poem entitled "The Erlking," (Google it, its a neat poem) and there was lots of blue, a few motion blurs, and my "Erlking" guy was set to Screen mode or not completely opaque.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]