FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are fonts in Photoshop CS actually vector fonts?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McCready
Are fonts in Photoshop CS actually vector fonts?
on Dec 9, 2005 at 2:31:25 pm

When I create text and graphics for CD jewel case art, using Photoshop CS, I've been getting bitmap text. While the text (and graphics) have generally looked OK up to now on the 5 CD jewels that were published, my last CD text looked bad (too dithered).

Photoshop 7 billed one of its primary features as having vector-based text. Is this actually the case? If Photoshop 7 and later versions have vector-base text, what steps do I have to take to insure that it stays vector-based.

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: Are fonts in Photoshop CS actually vector fonts?
on Dec 9, 2005 at 2:34:32 pm

Text will be vector if you save as an EPS with "include vector data" checked, or as a PDF with fonts embedded.

-k

Return to posts index

John McCready
on Dec 9, 2005 at 3:55:00 pm

Thanks Kim. Are these 2 options 1) save as an EPS with "include vector data" checked or 2) as a PDF with fonts embedded common formats to send to a printer?

Which option would a printer prefer? Are there any "Printer forums" that you know of to get more info on publishing text and graphics?

-k

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on Dec 11, 2005 at 6:32:52 am

Either should be fine. EPS is probably more widely accepted, and won't have any compression on it, so you wont' be losing any image quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]