FORUMS: list search recent posts

vector looking rotoscoping with photoshop - Is that possible like Charles Schwab commercial

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hartmut77
vector looking rotoscoping with photoshop - Is that possible like Charles Schwab commercial
on Nov 28, 2005 at 4:31:10 pm

Hello
I have just seen that charles schwab commercial that looks like it was rotoscoped but maybe processed in photoshop. I was wondering if anyone here could point me to how that might be done. It is an interview with a guy but looks like a plug in was used to make it look like it was vector traced as with the old program adobe streamline. It might be an after effects thing or final cut pro. but if might also be photoshop. I am asking if anyone knows how to make this kind of animation. Thanks very much.
Dave

praise what makes you tough

Return to posts index

Arthur Vibert
Re: vector looking rotoscoping with photoshop - Is that possible like Charles Schwab commercial
on Nov 29, 2005 at 10:19:40 pm

You could do something very similar in Photoshop by exporting from After Effects (or whatever you use) as individual frames and then processing them through the "Cut Out" filter - set to approximate the look - and then reimporting all the processed frames into After Effects as a series. You could also experiment with some of the other filters for different looks.

As I recall it's only the interviewee who is treated in this manner, necessitating some rotoscoping - unless your subject is shot against a green screen and non-treated background dropped in later.

Arthur VIbert

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: vector looking rotoscoping with photoshop - Is that possible like Charles Schwab commercial
on Nov 29, 2005 at 11:33:10 pm

Look up Studio Artist from Synthetik

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 30, 2005 at 7:43:55 pm

Agree Studio Artist can do this effect and many more. You might also check out a filter plug-in called Buzz. Lst time I saw it, it did a very credible job of turning video frames into watercolor paintings, and I think it's been expanded since then.

Return to posts index

Jon
by
on Nov 30, 2005 at 11:25:29 pm

I've read an article on the making of this somewhere. Try searching for I know its out there. But, I remember it involving some 3D, some tracking, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]