FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop for product photo touch up

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Loch
Photoshop for product photo touch up
on Nov 27, 2005 at 3:12:29 pm

I need to change an LCD display on a product photo. The only challenging aspect is that the lcd is laying down. This is one aspect of Photoshop I haven ot explored. What's the best way to stretch the text to match something at an angle?

-gl

Return to posts index

renato
Re: Photoshop for product photo touch up
on Nov 27, 2005 at 3:56:08 pm

it depends on what version of photoshop you are using... if you have cs2 you can use the new vanishing point filter...

but if you dont have cs2, you can just rasterize the text (right click on the text layer at the layers pallete and choose rasterize) and then transform it (crtl+t).. during transform, right click on the text and select "distort"... then just drag each corner of the transform box to line up with the corners of the LCD... and it should be in perfect perspective...(sorry, its easier to do it then it is to describe it...)

just remember that once rasterized the text can no longer be edited...and it will no longer be vector based so scalling it up will make you lose resolution.

hope it helps, let us know if you have any trouble

kind regards
renato

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 29, 2005 at 11:34:22 pm

WARP Text command...

Its in the PSCS Book...

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Nov 30, 2005 at 5:19:46 pm

Thanks Richard. I had forgotten about 'Warp'. It's a little unwieldy though.

I am not near my bookshelf. Does your book go over it in detail? I am tryign to apply some lables to a product that is layign semi flat on a surface. Any recommendations?

-gl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]