FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating bug for TV Identity - how?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gribble
Creating bug for TV Identity - how?
on Nov 22, 2005 at 8:03:58 am

Does anyone know the best way to create a semi-transparent bug to be broadcast on a PAL TV system?

Our Playbox system recognises Targa files and their alpha channels.

Gribble
::: Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana :::

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Creating bug for TV Identity - how?
on Nov 22, 2005 at 1:22:01 pm

Very thorough tutorial in PS for Nonlinear Editors

You can also attempt by using layer styles for bevel, then dropping the fill.

Tricky part is making the alpha channels

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Nov 22, 2005 at 4:15:07 pm

If your Playbox has adjustments for transparency you may just have to set it where you like it best. I use Glen Stephens Tools for Television Pro to make my alphas so no matter how many layers in the comp the alpha magically appears. Sometimes I adjust the alpha by bringing white down to 60% gray or use the gradient tool to go from opaque to transparent by selecting the white alpha channel and modifying it with the gradient tool. Then you can save it as a tif or tga or psd or any format the Playbox accepts. PAL or NTSC or HD is all the same to PS CS2 if you size it correctly. We use Evertz Insta-Logo and the bug box sets transparency so I no longer have to jump through hoops to get the bug transparent. Maybe Playbox does the same. HTH
Del

Return to posts index

Tony West
on Nov 23, 2005 at 8:25:34 pm

The method I use is pretty simple and probably not what you are asking for - but I'll tell it anyway.

I make the bug, collapse all the visible layers into one, use the magic wand to select everything around it, select the inverse, go to the channels tab, click on the "save selection as a channel" box at the bottom. This saves as "alpha 1". Click on the new channel and the bug should be in a white sillohuette (i think i spelled that wrong) on a black background. Save as a targa file.

I hope it helps.

Shut the **** up, Donnie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]