FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some text layers contain fonts that are missing.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morris O.
Some text layers contain fonts that are missing.
on Nov 17, 2005 at 12:48:19 am

When I open an Encore menu in Encore or Photoshop I get the following popup message:

"Some text layers contain fonts that are missing. These layers will need to have the missing fonts replaced before they can be used for vector output."

But I can edit all of the text on that menu in Photoshop with no problems so I don't think any font is missing. Have two different fonts on that menu.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Troy E. Parker
Re: Some text layers contain fonts that are missing.
on Nov 17, 2005 at 1:35:39 am

Hey Morris,

It may be that the original fonts have been replaced with a default system font and thus you can edit as normal (they willjuist look different than the original). Did you get the files from someone else or move them to a new system? If so this would be the root of the error. If the files will need to match any previously published work, you will need to get the original font added to you system to do the match.

Regards,
Troy

troy@crossmediacorp.com
http://www.crossmediacorp.com

Return to posts index

Morris O.
Re: Some text layers contain fonts that are missing.
on Nov 17, 2005 at 5:48:57 am

>> It may be that the original fonts have been replaced with a default system font and thus you can edit as normal (they willjuist look different than the original).

When I edit the fonts they look exactly the same as they always used to.

>> Did you get the files from someone else or move them to a new system?

No, I created the entire Encore project myself, including the menu, on the same PC.

----------

I can't figure why the error popup started to happen but I was able to correct the problem. The error popup always occurred when opening the menu in Encore or by going to Photoshop from Encore. The error message popup did not give an option to correct the error.

I closed Encore and Photoshp and navigated to the project's folder > sources > menus. I saw two identical looking menus. Could open one with Photoshop with no problem. Opening the 2nd menu gave the error popup but this time it gave the option to "update" for vector output. After clicking update, the menu opened. All is well again when accessing the menu from Encore or Photoshop. One of those mysterious errors.

Thanks,
Morris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]