FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noob Question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
firtich
Noob Question
on Nov 6, 2005 at 12:59:01 am

Hi...I'm a little new to Photoshop, more familiar with AE.
What is a shortcut that allows you to backtrack a point when you are using magnetic lasso tool?
I know there is one, just can't remember what it is.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

renato
Re: Noob Question
on Nov 6, 2005 at 12:40:48 pm

on the mac its the delete key.. not sure if its the same for pc

HTH
renato

Return to posts index

firtich
on Nov 7, 2005 at 6:29:49 am

As a follow up question, Does Photoshop have something akin to AE's pen tool. Meaning is there a selection tool that has ability to make certain points with bezier paths and certain points with linear paths?

Return to posts index

renato
on Nov 7, 2005 at 11:20:15 am

You can use the Pen tool to draw your selection. Simple click gives you a linear path, and clicling+holding+dragging the point you added will give you bezier controls. You can use the "convert point tool" if you decide you need to change a point to linear or bezier. You can also use the Path Selection Tool (black arrow above the Pen tool) to move the entire path or you can use the Direct Selection Tool (white arrow) to fine tune each point individually. After you finish making the path, just click on the "Load path as selection" button, located at the bottom of the Paths tab and it will turn your path into a selection mask.

Hope this makes sense, and sorry if you already know most of this stuff..
good luck

renato

Return to posts index

firtich
on Nov 7, 2005 at 5:17:37 pm

It makes perfect sense, i knew a about the pen tool but didn't know you can conver shape into a selection thanks a lot :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]