FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE: Please help i'm trying to scan, is it a scam?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otis F
RE: Please help i'm trying to scan, is it a scam?
on Nov 3, 2005 at 9:41:53 pm

Hello,

I have been given a Umax Astra 6400 scanner by a friend, at least I thought he was a friend. Anyway it seems that Umax don't support the latest Mac OS and haven't brought out drivers. I am running Tiger on a G5 Dual 2Ghz, and would like to know a way of getting my lovely analogue film prints into the Mac, oh it used to be so easy with the old blue & white G3 with Photoshop 5 and Twain Acquire/Vistascan!

There is some software called Vuescan but I'm reluctant to spend money on something which used to be free, and if that is the case I may as well go out and buy another scanner-not Umax.

Thanks in advance

Otis F

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: RE: Please help i'm trying to scan, is it a scam?
on Nov 4, 2005 at 1:20:20 am

Look at the web page and see if you scanner is listed for Vue Scan...

its good software.. but only if your scanner is on its list of supported models

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Otis F
on Nov 4, 2005 at 10:01:22 am

Richard,

Thanks for your response. Yes the scanner must be supported as I downloaded the demo version and it scanned images ok but with a watermark, I was just wondering if there is anything free out there as I never had to pay for scanning software before.

Cheers

Otis F

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 5, 2005 at 11:14:06 pm

Well you have had to pay for it... the driver and software development was just part of the cost of the scanner. Vue Scan is a good product.. and the guy who makes it delivers on what it promises... it's also his way of making a living.

I expect to pay for things that I use...

Your choices are buy a modern scanner (and purhcase the software at teh same time)

or Buy a patch software.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]