FORUMS: list search recent posts

blend mode shortcuts for Mac

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
renato
blend mode shortcuts for Mac
on Nov 3, 2005 at 9:20:23 pm

Hello,

I have been working with photoshop on pcs for a very long time, but I just recently started working on the Mac version.

I used to change blend modes on the PC by selecting one of the modes and using the up/down arrow to choose the one I wanted. Sometimes I need to try different modes quickly and that was the fastest way to do it.

I cant change them on the Mac using the up/down arrow, so I was wondering if there is a shortcut that would give me the next/previous blend mode. I know the shortcuts for each of them, but I just wanted to know if there is one that will give me the next or previous blend mode on the list.

Hope this makes sense, and appreciate any help

thanks
renato

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: blend mode shortcuts for Mac
on Nov 3, 2005 at 10:00:30 pm

Select Move tool

Activate layer...

Press Shift + or Shift -

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

renato
on Nov 4, 2005 at 12:43:05 am

wicked! thanks a lot for the fast response

kind regards
renato

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 5, 2005 at 11:14:53 pm

You're welcome... check out my book for more on blend modes and don't forget you can access them in filters right after running the filter by choosing Edit>Fade (must be next step)

Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

Return to posts index

renato
on Nov 6, 2005 at 12:38:11 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks again for your help and kindness. I actually added your book to my wishlist at amazon a long time ago but things have been pretty crazy in the last few months so its hard to find time to study..

Hope I can find time to read it in the near future. And thanks for taking your time with such a simple question.

kind regards
renato

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 6, 2005 at 2:44:14 pm

I have a soft spot for people who actually appreciate Blend Modes...
they do so much yet so few people know how to use them....

Return to posts index

renato
on Nov 6, 2005 at 3:09:47 pm

hehe thats true.. and you might be underestimating how much I love them.. that shortcut is officially my favorite since you told me about it..

cheers
renato

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]