FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime 7 conflict?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Quicktime 7 conflict?
on Nov 3, 2005 at 8:57:49 pm

I installed QT 7 Pro last night to experiment with ipod formatted video for a client, and today Photoshop would not start due to a "system or program error" - microsoft is so descriptive!
Anyway, I uninstalled QT 7, but that didn't help.
So I uninstalled and re-installed PS 7, same error.
I then noticed that both Premiere 6.5 and Premiere Pro will not start due to invalid registration information.
So much for getting my DVD project done today.
Miraculously DVD Encore works no problem, but without Photoshop, it is no good to me.
We just found a posting on of all places theforce.net's boards with a similar conflict between QT 7 and Premiere. I guess that makes sense since Premiere uses video codecs, but Photoshop 7 does not.
Mike

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Quicktime 7 conflict?
on Nov 6, 2005 at 11:40:59 pm

Not sure if this will help, but there is a link somewhere on Apple's site to uninstall QT7 & iTunes and go back to 6.5.2. You have to really hunt for it though...I guess they want to force everyone to use QT7 & iTunes even though they seem to be ignoring all the QT7 bugs I've heard about since they're mainly affecting video pros (not iPod customers). I haven't installed QT7 on any of my machines yet (Mac or PC) since I've read about a lot of video conflicts (including FCP & Premiere Pro) and have been advised by all the other editors I trust to avoid it. Sounds like your "invalid registration information" might be a registry problem resulting from the re-install...I'd try a registry tool, then clean install, but as always be careful when messing with the registry.

I just got my first iPod video project dropped in my lap too so I'd appreciate any tips you might share from your experiments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]