FORUMS: list search recent posts

URGENT PLEASE!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE COLOUR SPOTS AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AriesStarlett
URGENT PLEASE!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE COLOUR SPOTS AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM
on Nov 3, 2005 at 6:49:13 pm

This is for an ad and the publication called me saying there couldn't be any JPEG compressions (figured that one out on my own) and no colour spots.
I don't get where the spots are and how I can get rid of them.
I'm begging you, please someone help asap.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: URGENT PLEASE!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE COLOUR SPOTS AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM
on Nov 4, 2005 at 1:22:48 am

Look again.. probablyu said Spot color (AKA Pantonne colors thaat you ahve to print with a special ink)...

Heee heee

No color spots...

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

cap689
Re: URGENT PLEASE!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE COLOUR SPOTS AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM
on Nov 5, 2005 at 2:31:07 am

If those colour spots look like little blocks all through out your image or layers, then I have bad news for you. That is what you call banding.(What is banding?) Banding usually occurs when you working a large file, lets say well 400 megs or larger, and you happen to be working off a networked drive. (yes that includes external USB hard drives) then what is going on is when you open the image in Photoshop, it tells your hardrive hand me the file right now, now since it's on a networked drive the file has to make a few stops along the way (7200 rpms means nothing here) because the acutal data transfer rate is slower than your internal drive because of all the stops the makes before it finally opening in Photoshop. So what happens here is photoshop thinks that the file is fully open when its spooling over the network in the system. So you make your changes and save them and then when you reopen the image, bang.......or you just defragged your drive and the files were not stored in the USER main folder(pc only)(C:Documents and SettingsyournameDocumentsetc.....)guess what, windows just rearanged your image

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 5, 2005 at 11:12:09 pm

Ummm No...

that's not banding...

Banding is a limit of color... for example in 8 bit mode, you'll often see it in gradients... It's when there are not enough range of color to represent what the eye can see.

And your answer has NOTHING to do with his question and is full of misnformation.

Your understanding of Photoshop and how it handles files is incorrect.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]