FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need an easy way to preview my psd project on a 16x9 monitor correctly

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Huggett
Need an easy way to preview my psd project on a 16x9 monitor correctly
on Oct 30, 2005 at 11:46:20 pm

Hey guys

I work in a design dept for a Network TV station. We design all out gfx for widescreen TV.

Prior to Photoshop CS, we created all our GFX at 1024*576, then imported them into After Effects, worked in 1024*576 (sq pixels) then exported out of a comp at 720*576 widescreen pix. This work flow worked well.

Now we have updated our machines and have a decklink card that allows a psd document to be previewed on our ext 16*9 monitor. However working at 1024*576 sq pix does not allow the document to be viewed correctly. Only when using one of the presets (widescreen) does it allow for correct viewing.

The problem with this now is that the designers in our dept, do not understand pixel ratio, and can't look at a psd document in widescreen mode (or switched to sq pixels), and have the text look pixelated and can't kern correctly.

i do understand all of it, but to have a uniform work flow, i continue to work in the old way. Which now brings me to my question. This method of 1024*576 sq pixels, stretches the image on my 16*9 monitor. Is there a way, be it long or short that will allow me to preview correctly on my external?

Cheers
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]