FORUMS: list search recent posts

WHY ARE MY PHOTOS BLURRING

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AriesStarlett
WHY ARE MY PHOTOS BLURRING
on Oct 18, 2005 at 6:28:13 pm

I cannot figure out why high-res photos are blurring once I place and scale them in a five by five (inch) add.
All three pictures are coming out like crap.
This is urgent too! Even worse.
Thanks

Return to posts index

lriv
Re: WHY ARE MY PHOTOS BLURRING
by
on Oct 18, 2005 at 11:13:18 pm

Can you elaborate. What is the resolution of your original pics and what is the res. of the ad? Are you using only Photoshop? Are you scaling the images?

Return to posts index

Mark Warmus
on Oct 26, 2005 at 11:27:40 pm

You can't take high res images and just jump them down to low res and still mantain a quality image. I stair step it down by droping the res 25% then another 25% and another then sharpen then take it down more and so on and so forth till I have the size I want. Sharpening right before the last time you step it down will get things a little clearer but you have to play with it.

Return to posts index

lriv
by
on Oct 27, 2005 at 6:49:30 pm

you actually can take high-res images and drop the res while maintaining image quality...for example:

I took some digital photos at 600 dpi tiffs. I brought them into photoshop and changed the image size to 300 dpi, leaving "Resample Image" unchecked...notice how the dimensions of the image will increase proportionally when doing it this way...now you have a larger photo to work with, thus maintaining quality.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 27, 2005 at 7:00:11 pm

NOT EXACTLY...

You have not resized... just reassigned ppi settings...

If you are using the graphic on screen, for video, or web.. it will not change in appearance... if you print it out... the picture will be bigger, but not as sharp..

Unchecking resample simply means just change the display settings or print size, but don't change the total pixel values (shich is needed if you are trying to size to a particular size).

Read up on Smart Sharpend and nik Sharperner

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]