FORUMS: list search recent posts

High Contrast Printing Problems - from Photoshop CS2 to Canon IP6000D?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Sankey
High Contrast Printing Problems - from Photoshop CS2 to Canon IP6000D?
on Oct 14, 2005 at 3:39:11 pm

I am printing DVD covers from photoshop CS2 to a Canon IP6000D printer and I have very high contrast. I've been through the menu settings on the printer a bunch of times and I have changed my color profile working space numerous times. I have no midtones, heavy on the blacks. Nothing I adjust seems to make a bit of difference. Hues may change a little, but the contrast remains heavy. If anyone can help me with this situation I welcome your feedback or pointers.

Here's a list of the equipment I'm working with:
Monitor - Apple HD Cinema Display, (My working profile is HD Cinema Display)
Software - Photoshop CS2
OS - OSX Tiger
Printer - Canon IP6000D
Paper - Neato High Gloss DVD inserts

Thanks Very Much!
Rob

Return to posts index

lriv
Re: High Contrast Printing Problems - from Photoshop CS2 to Canon IP6000D?
by
on Oct 17, 2005 at 6:00:52 pm

try adjusting your hightlights/shadows using levels. You can move the gamma slider towards the hightlight or shadow to make the overall image lighter or darker. You can also adjust the brightness of your hightlights and/or shadows, so your printer is printing less of the image to full white/full black (do this by double clicking the hightlight and/or shadow eyedroppers and changing the Brightness value to about 96% for the highlights and about 4% for the shadows. do this on your final prepress file and save a copy of this (this version will be for print only). printers tend to lose details so your final image should be setup to compensate for this.

Hope this help...let me know how it works

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]