FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS registration

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott
PS registration
on Oct 10, 2005 at 1:39:14 am

I've just acquired (authentic)full copies of Photoshop 6.0 Win, 7.0 Mac and Premiere 6.5 Win - it's all part of a lot of equipment I got from a bank after a production company liquidation. The computers they were on have been wiped clean and I have no idea if they were registered - I don't believe they were ever updated.
My question is - how do I go about seeing if they were registered - and do I need to with these versions? I want to keep the PS6.0 and upgrade it to CS2 - the other two I want to sell.
I'm looking to do it the right way and with the least amount of hassle - so any tips appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
Re: PS registration
on Oct 10, 2005 at 3:51:34 am

If you're even the least bit uncertain of the software's origins, or if your "copies" are actual burned disks, there is already a possibility of you being in violation of numerous laws. To put it bluntly, if the seller didn't expressely give you the effective license in writing or in the form of an original receipt, you can bet your butt that Adobe will not honor any request for a license as part of a computer purchase.

If you've got the sincere belief that they are legitimate disks, then a simple call to Adobe or a scan on their website will tell you ASAP.

Michael Munkittrick
Managing Creative Director
Evolve Media Solutions

Forum COWmunity leader for:
Sony DV
Magic Bullet

Return to posts index

Scott
Re: PS registration
on Oct 10, 2005 at 5:17:33 am

I'm certain the software is legit - I knew the seller, I have original packaging - I think I might have his original receipts. I'm just uncertain of the possibility and path to getting it transfered into my name and then upgrading. Is this somethig Adobe does? And after it may have been registered?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]