FORUMS: list search recent posts

red-eye feature

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase
red-eye feature
on Oct 6, 2005 at 7:21:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm using Photoshop CS2 with Winxp and I'm having a really big problem trying to choose the colour I want the eye to be instead of the redeye thats there. Right now it seems that all I can is have it turn grey. When I checked on the website they had a tutorial for it but it was done on a mac, and it also seemed that mac had features that I didn't have available on my pc version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

seth
Re: red-eye feature
by
on Oct 6, 2005 at 10:31:38 pm

After the red-eye has turned grey, you can use your circle marquee to select the pupil, then adjust the levels to turn it black. I hope this is what you're talking about.

utah dvd replication - stotion.com

Return to posts index

Chase
on Oct 6, 2005 at 11:37:05 pm

Here's the link to the tutorial I saw: http://studio.adobe.com/us/tips/tip.jsp?p=1&id=460&xml=phs8redeye

They allow you to select the colour replacement tool, and then choose brush size and another features. Whereas with the PC version...I can't see so many of those features.

Anthony

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Oct 7, 2005 at 12:58:07 pm

You're right Chase
I just tried it and selecting the red eye tool doesn't allow brush selection or any area selection as the tutorial at Adobe shows. Are we missing something?
Del

Return to posts index

Chase
on Oct 8, 2005 at 12:51:17 am

Thanks for verifying Del

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 9, 2005 at 12:00:39 am

There is no difference in featuresw between Mac or Windows Photoshop

I would suggest trying a different technique other than the color replacement tool... such as using a Hue Saturation adjustment layer.....

Make a selection of the pupils
Then add H/S Adj layer
Strip saturation and adjust lightness

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Chase
on Oct 9, 2005 at 3:44:30 am

Hi Richard,

I kinda wanted to stick with the red-eye tool just because it was so quick and easy, where as the other way requires more steps.

As Bjorn said, I guess the other tutorial I saw was for CS and not CS2. But, is there any way to still have controll over eye color with CS2 using the red-eye tool?

I really appreciate the help, this has always been something that has given me problems and I have a really nice picture that I want to spend the time and learn this properly. Thanks again

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 12, 2005 at 1:59:19 pm

Try changing your foreground color

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Bj
by
on Oct 8, 2005 at 10:10:50 am

The turtorial says: select the Color Replacement tool, moved from that tool box to the brush tool box (right next to healing brush tool box) in CS2. The turtorial is a CS turtorial. They moved some of the tools in CS2.
-Bjorn.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Oct 10, 2005 at 4:39:18 pm

I have CS2 and found the Color Replacement Tool but it was as noted earlier.

Del

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]