FORUMS: list search recent posts

best file type for saving

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee115
best file type for saving
on Oct 4, 2005 at 10:06:28 pm

I want to clean up my work folders, get rid of all my .psd files and just have 1 copy of the finished work I have done for people.

What file type and compression would be best for this?

Josh.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: best file type for saving
on Oct 5, 2005 at 1:08:37 am

Ouch... way to shoot yourself in the head....

You'll need those layers to make any future changes...

By a cheap Firewire drive, or archive to DVD... but don't trash your layered files... trust me

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Lee115
on Oct 5, 2005 at 4:42:06 am

Yeah thats true,

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Josh.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on Oct 5, 2005 at 11:46:04 am

Not sure why, but turning off layers before saving PSDs decreases file size. It is often significant and seems like more than the difference thumbnail data would make, so I've gotten in the habit since it adds up over time with many files.

It is also important to know that, if your machine ever crashes with PS open or PS itself crashes, the PS temp file will be left behind and can be quite large if your PS is heavily "loaded" (mine has gotten close to 2Gb). On Windows, its at the root level of your scratch disk...haven't been able to find it on Macs.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 12, 2005 at 1:59:58 pm

When you relaunch photoshop the cache is cleared or you can choose Edit>Purge to ensure

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]