FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selection Of Objects in Layer - Marquee Ants?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaon Reed
Selection Of Objects in Layer - Marquee Ants?
on Sep 28, 2005 at 6:27:06 pm

This may be somewhere in new features but for the life of me I can't find it. I recently upgraded to Photoshop CS2 from CS. A feature from CS and pervious versions of PS that I use constantly in my workflow is the ablilty to do a full marquee selection (walking ants) of whatever I have in a given layer by simple holding the Apple key down while clicking on that layer. Not the Select All feature but for example I want to select a part of a logo to do an modify too. So far to accomplish this I have to use the magic wand and select all the elements buy hand or select the whole layer outside the graphic and invert it. I missing something? Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Calhoun
Re: Selection Of Objects in Layer - Marquee Ants?
on Oct 12, 2005 at 2:24:11 am

My question exactly! Where is it???

John A. Calhoun
Zone Communication Group
Cincinnati, Ohio

Return to posts index

John Calhoun
on Oct 12, 2005 at 2:29:27 am

ok found it. reading down a little further ... cmd+click on the thumbnail, not the layer. did adobe do that just to make me feel dumb?

pxlmvr

John A. Calhoun
Zone Communication Group
Cincinnati, Ohio

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 12, 2005 at 2:57:12 am

You can now select more than one layer at a time... Cmd+Click on multiple names to select more than one layer

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]