FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tag or Not Taged

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Landry
Tag or Not Taged
on Sep 28, 2005 at 3:45:19 pm

I use photoshop cs2 mainly for photos that I use in my video editing software. I was told not to color manage the photos, so I have CS2 set to Off in color management. Everything has worked okay till I got a Epson 1800 printer. So my question is what should I use for a working space that I can use for video and also print a photo that matches my monitor. I should also add that I calibrate my monitor using Spyder Pro. Any help would I would be greatfull.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Tag or Not Taged
on Sep 28, 2005 at 5:32:02 pm

Calibrate with the Spyder for your printer when doing print graphics

Turn color magement off whn doing video grtaphics

No all in one solution

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

John Landry
on Sep 28, 2005 at 6:38:33 pm

This maybe a dumb question but I am going to ask and also try it out myself. If I used Adobe RGB 1998 as my profile then the pictures that I am going to use in my video, could I just make a copy and convert it to NTSC profile, and presto everything looks great!!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Sep 30, 2005 at 11:49:49 am

there is no ntsc profile

Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

Return to posts index

John Landry
on Sep 30, 2005 at 1:35:29 pm

I have one that says NTSC 1953 and another that saya Epson NTSC 1953 also found another on the net NTSC RGB 1953. I played around with them and was able to get good results, checking it with the cs2 video out. I am going to burn a disk with the three profiles and check the results on some different T.V.s. Was thinking of maybe picking up a NTSC monitor down the road.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Sep 30, 2005 at 1:50:05 pm

I repeat... there is no such thing as color management and video... those are approximations and they are worthless

Return to posts index

John Landry
on Sep 30, 2005 at 2:07:44 pm

My goal is to use CM for everything but video, but if you take a taged file and display it on a T.V. it looks like crap. I understand that it is only a approximation, if you display it on 10 T.V.'s you are going to get ten different results. My goal is to find the middle road as far as video goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]