FORUMS: list search recent posts

new document dialog gone AWOL

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Biggs
new document dialog gone AWOL
on Sep 19, 2005 at 11:52:18 am

Hi there,
yesterday I took my PC to a client's office to transfer some files. I connected to their monitors which somehow reset all my Photoshop settings to default. No worries there but the biggest problem is that now the new document dialog window is nowhere to be seen when going to file>new. I can hit enter and a new document will open but obviosly I can't control the properties beforehand. I've re-installed but have the same problem. Anyone had this problem before? Is it my graphics card? Why would everything reset when connecting to a different display?
Cheers,
Phil

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: new document dialog gone AWOL
on Sep 22, 2005 at 2:46:17 am

Is it a question of drivers for the new monitors? I put a classroom instructor's PC on a DVI splitter (one out to same monitor at same resolution and frequency, the other to a projector with same resolution and frequency) and all of a sudden the driver would only play 640x480, screwing up the desktop icon arrangements and making windows seem to disappear. Reinstalled the driver for the video card again and was finally able to make it work properly.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Phil Biggs
Re: new document dialog gone AWOL
on Sep 23, 2005 at 10:35:13 am

Yup, re-installed the graphics card driver and everything works again. I'll take my own monitor next time!
Cheers,
Phil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]