FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop won't open files after Tiger Upgrade

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Rasmussen
Photoshop won't open files after Tiger Upgrade
on Sep 16, 2005 at 3:16:20 pm

Hello I just did a fresh install of Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger on my G5 computer. Photoshop will now only open files from within the application. Double clicking or dragging and dropping from the desktop don't work. Should I re-install Photoshop, or is there a preference file or something I can replace to make this function start working again.

Thanks,
TimR><>

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photoshop won't open files after Tiger Upgrade
on Sep 16, 2005 at 3:44:13 pm

There are several system files you'd need to manually move... reinstall is the easiest answer

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

beccatg
Re: Photoshop won't open files after Tiger Upgrade
on Sep 30, 2005 at 1:21:23 am

I had this same frustrating problem, and came across your post. I've fixed it by advice from the tech who helped me upgrade to Tiger, and it was much easier than a reinstall of Photoshop for me, though it may depend on the type of upgrade to Tiger you did.

My upgrade left a folder in my Hardrive folder called "previous systems". If you have this folder, go to its "Library" folder --> "ScriptingAdditions" folder. In here should be a file called "Adobe Unit Types". This needs to be moved to your current hard drive "Library" folder into the same place. (I moved the whole ScriptingAdditions foder since my new system did not have such a folder and Adobe Type Units was the only thing in it.) Now files open in Photoshop!

Good luck!

Becca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]