FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch rename by EXIF "date digitised"

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Kelly
Batch rename by EXIF "date digitised"
on Sep 14, 2005 at 11:58:16 pm

Is it possible to get PhotoShop to rename a whole bunch of photos based on the date and time they were taken? It ALMOST can: if you fire up "Adobe Bridge", select a few photos, go to Tools > Batch Rename then you can select New Filename: EXIF metadata date time digitized. But it doesn't work! Even though adobe Bridge knows the "date created" of these photos.

So my question is really this: is there any way to hack PhotoShop's batch rename system to change which EXIF tags it reads?

Why do I want to do such a thing? Well, I need to publish a whole tonne of photos online using Gallery. And the photos need to be strictly in the order they were shot. But Gallery can only sort photos by filename. Unfortunately, their names have all been changed to things like "mike_laughing.psd". If I can't do the renaming by batch then I'll have to open up the directory in Windows XP explorer, sort by "date taken" and then manually re-name each photo like "001_mike_laughing", "002_john_looking_serious" etc.

Any help would be very enthusiastically received!

Many thanks,
Jack

====================
Jack Kelly
London
Dir / Prod / Camera
====================

Return to posts index

Jack Kelly
Re: Batch rename by EXIF "date digitised"
on Sep 16, 2005 at 1:51:22 pm

Actually... it seems the Gallery software can re-order photos by "date captured"... but if anyone knows the answer to my PhotoShop question I'll be very thankful!

Jack

====================
Jack Kelly
London
Dir / Prod / Camera
====================

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]