FORUMS: list search recent posts

help rotation in ps but not in explorer

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Laurie
help rotation in ps but not in explorer
on Sep 11, 2005 at 6:06:15 am

Hi. I'm sure there's a very easy way to do this. When i copy my digital photos to a folder (win) the portrait shots are sideways but open up right side up in photoshop cs2 and adobe bridge. But when I want to copy the whole folders worth of pics (or a group) to my photo slide show prog, they are sideways. I tried an action to rotate and save but when the automate action is applied to the folder with turned photos it stalls at needing to press ok for the jpeg compression on each one to save in a batch directed folder.

What's the simplist way to do this?

thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: help rotation in ps but not in explorer
on Sep 13, 2005 at 8:26:31 pm

First you need to know that when you rotate a file in bridge, the change is recorded to an ascii cache file (the file name and amount of rotation). When you open the image in Photoshop the rotation actually happens at that point. So to solve your problem you only need select all your images in bridge, rotate them, then open them and save them.

You u can also in the second column of the actions palette toggle the dialog on/off, by clicking on the icon which looks like a window.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: help rotation in ps but not in explorer
on Sep 13, 2005 at 8:27:52 pm

First you need to know that when you rotate a file in bridge, the change is recorded to an ascii cache file (the file name and amount of rotation). When you open the image in Photoshop the rotation actually happens at that point. So to solve your problem you only need select all your images in bridge, rotate them, then open them and save them.

You u can also in the second column of the actions palette toggle the dialog on/off, by clicking on the icon which looks like a window.

I usually do nto have this problem, because I color balance and save every image immediately after I copy the file from my digital camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]