FORUMS: list search recent posts

printing problems with CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
themis
printing problems with CS2
on Aug 29, 2005 at 3:17:21 pm

Hi everyone

I recently switched to Photoshop CS2 and I finally noticed some long-expected changes that made work a whole lot easier. Everything was going OK until the moment I tried to print my work in a Epson Photo R200 inkjet printer. The result was an awful dark print with many color ranges missing.

At first I thought it was my printer's fault, so initially I checked the ink cartridges that were already low, but not low enough to justify such a bad outcome (no low ink warning had appeared till that moment). I even replaced the cartridges with new ones but kept getting the same bad result. After nozzle check, printer head alignment and cleaning, as well as trying different modes (from CMYK to RGB etc) the bad result remained even when printing different photos, both from my camera and CS2 templates.

As a final "divine inspiration" I tried printing the same photos from windows picture and fax viewer and they printed out just fine!!! Considering for the first time that maybe something goes wrong with CS2 I tried to switch back to CS and for my surprise everything printed out OK. Is there something I am missing with Photoshop's newest version considering I even experimented with changes in the software's color settings in the Edit menu with no positive results? If anyone has any idea please reply asap... (p.s. the same problem is common with other colleagues who also tried to print with CS2)

Thanks in advance
Themis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]