FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maryanne Hamill
PLASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:09:43 pm

I've been having this problem with Photoshop CS for a while now. It's so trivial but it's driving me CRAZY!!!.
Let's say I have a project with several layers. The bottom layer is a colored background. On top of that I have text layers. When I go to move one of those text layers I highlight it. Then move over to my project window to reposition it. The moment I do that it switches to the background (bottom) layer & starts to move that. Even if I lock the bottom most layer & go back to highlight the text layer it still whats to switch to the bottom layer. It just gives me a error that says the bottom layer is locked. But I didn't seLECT THAT BOTTOM LAYER!!!! I don't know what to do. It's driving me crazy because I can't grab the layer I want. I have to go back & forth trying to figure out what's going to allow me grab the text layer this time. Just when I think I figured out it goes right back to the bottom again. It's like a little gremlin in my computer.
Has anyone else come in contact with this? I think it only happens on text layers.
I'm using G5 Photoshop CS with a wacom tablet.
Please help or let me know I'm not so crazy!
Maryanne

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: PLASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:13:03 pm

When the move tool is active, look at your options bar (it's at the top, right below the pulldown menus) and make sure "auto select layer" is unchecked.

Auto select layer is handy when you want it, and annoyingly baffling when you don't want it or don't realize it's on.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:16:12 pm

Kim's faster than me (and jsut as right)

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:14:50 pm

Select the Move Tool

Then Check the Options bar to see if Auto Select is checked

An innacurate click will grab somethign else (I hate that option too)

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:19:41 pm

Anyone else? :)

Return to posts index

Maryanne Hamill
on Aug 11, 2005 at 4:42:07 pm

That was it. It's a miracle. Well it just feels like one to me.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]