<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
atrax
Is there a way to speed up Photoshop ?!
on Jul 26, 2005 at 6:32:09 pm

Heres my Info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 9.0 (9.0x196)
Operating System: Windows XP

Version: 5.1 Service Pack 2
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:5, Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Physical processor count: 2
Processor speed: 1992 MHz
Built-in memory: 2047 MB
Free memory: 1552 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 1761 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 55 %
Image cache levels: 6
Serial number: ***************************
Application folder: C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS2
Temporary file path: C:DOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Temp
Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
Startup, 78.1G, 11.9G free
Primary Plug-ins folder: C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS2Plug-Ins
Additional Plug-ins folder: not set
Installed plug-ins:
ADM 3.10x21
ASDStrm 1.03x2
Accented Edges 9.0
Angled Strokes 9.0
Average 9.0 (9.0x196)
BMP 9.0 (9.0x196)
Bas Relief 9.0
Camera Raw 3.0
Chalk & Charcoal 9.0
Charcoal 9.0
Chrome 9.0
Cineon 9.0 (9.0x196)
Clouds 9.0 (9.0x196)
Color Halftone 9.0 (9.0x196)
Colored Pencil 9.0
CompuServe GIF 9.0 (9.0x196)
Conditional Mode Change 9.0 (9.0x196)
Contact Sheet II 9.0 (9.0x196)
Cont

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Is there a way to speed up Photoshop ?!
on Jul 28, 2005 at 6:34:54 pm

Many things that can slow down Photoshop and I have outlined in my book "Photoshop for Digital Video". Chapter 1 (Startup kit)shows you how to adjust your settings to get more speed out of any machine. Chapter 28 helps tweak your machine to fix problems.

You have plenty of free hard drive space, ram, but have you used a utility to optimize your hard drive space? I personally have a drive on my computer which is empty that I assign all my Adobe programs to use for cache space. Thsi way I never have to optimize the drive as it goes back to zero k used after all programs are closed.

You can turn on pixel doubling in your preferences to help redraw./

Give us more detail as to what exactly is slow (booting the program, working on any image, working on large images, all apps are slow, using a certain filter, etc)

Return to posts index

atrax
on Jul 28, 2005 at 10:05:02 pm

Tx Gondek,

so here it is. Sometime the software runs perfectly the nafter a couple of minute everything seems to slow down. I got no VShield running or any other tool that could slow down my computer. The thing is that I cant click on anything. Like a traffic jam or a delay between all the events. Im not working whit big image just simple 72dpi 700x700 while having maybe 4 image open. If I take the pencil tool and just do a simple draw it will take 1 or 2 seconds beofre I see something. Its slow and then its all quick and good. But sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes before it goes smooth again. I got a AMD Dual Opteron whit a ATI FireGL T2. I can do some prety nasty stuff and calculation realy quick in Softimage XSI but when it comes to Photoshop CS 2.0 .. its a pain. So now Im using Photoshop CS most of the time cause I dont have that "lagging" problem whit this version. I dont find it funny cause we all know the price of that software and I didnt realy had time to enjoy it at is 100%. I hope that theres a fix to my problem and Adobe whould at least say that there undergoing on a patch or something. Anyway if you got a special trick or tip that you can show me I would appreciate it a lot. By the way, besauce that im using XSI Ive already turned off a lot of the Windows XP feature to speed up my machine.

Tx a lot for any answer.
regards
mark!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Aug 3, 2005 at 3:01:00 pm

Keep both version of Photoshop on your machine as you have. Adobe has been getting better with their releases, as we see fewer posts as these adn less need for .01 updates.

Try running photoshop CS2 with no other applications int the background (Especially softimage XSI). If it runs good, then begin to use other applications until you find the conflict.

Try updating your video card drivers if needed:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&f...

Check for updates to softimage 4.2 or 5 i believe are the highest in each category.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]