FORUMS: list search recent posts

[scaled] images in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gburch
[scaled] images in photoshop
on Jul 25, 2005 at 4:59:00 pm

I have been using Photoshop since version 3.1 but this problem has me stumped. I am working on a project where large maps were scanned by Lynn Copies (on a large 3ft scanner)and the files were saved as TIFFs. When I open the files up in PS, on the title bar is says FILE0001.TIFF@25% (bitmap)[scaled]. The image looks very distorted (scrunched) and when I rotate it 90 degrees, it becomes even more distorted. I've tried all kinds of tricks to get the photo to print correctly with no luck.

Does anyone know how to un[scale] a scaled image?

Thanks

Gene Burch

Return to posts index

Ian Schmoel
Re: [scaled] images in photoshop
on Jul 29, 2005 at 5:26:09 pm

It sounds like PS is previewing the file in Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction mode. This is typically used for creating graphics for video and the .9 NTSC aspect ratio. Not sure why your images would automatically open that way. To remove it go to VIEW/PIXEL ASPECT RATIO CORRECTION and make sure it is unchecked.

Return to posts index

gburch
on Jul 29, 2005 at 5:53:23 pm

Wow! That did it. Thanks a million.

Return to posts index

gburch
on Aug 4, 2005 at 1:09:30 am

Ian,

Thanks for your help but I've discovered another problem with these scaled TIFF files. After I open them and uncheck "pixel aspect ratio", do a "save as" a PSD file, close the file and reopen it, it opens scaled again. It's like these files are haunted! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Schmoel
on Aug 4, 2005 at 3:13:55 pm

Yeah, you'll need to change the image's pixel aspect ratio. You can do this under IMAGE/PIXEL ASPECT RATIO and change it to Square. That should do it.

Return to posts index

vinay kumar
on Jun 11, 2014 at 9:42:33 am

Hi Ian Schmoel, I got the same problem and i did what you said exactly the problem is re-occurring while trying to open a image in photoshop after unchecked VIEW/PIXEL ASPECT RATIO CORRECTION when i try to edit the image the photoshop is getting closed... please help me

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]