FORUMS: list search recent posts

Masking Questions

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremey @ Digital Innovations
Masking Questions
on Jul 20, 2005 at 11:19:52 pm

OK, I have a picture from flash website template that I need to copy the same charectistics from but on my own images. The images appear on a billboard that has two flood lights on poles that appear to be in front or on top of the pictures I will place on the billboard. How can I create a mask or similar effect that will cut/crop my images to that exact shape and anything outside those lines disappears or is cut away. Then I will save as a tiff with transparency to import into the project. I hope I have explain it appropriately. Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Masking Questions
on Jul 21, 2005 at 3:48:13 am

Create the shape you want. Place it on a layer above the image you want to mask and position it where you want it. Make a selection out of the layer. Apple click (mac) or control click (PC) the layer Icon. Go to the channels pallette and create a new channel. the channel will be all black, with white selected as the background color, hit the delete key. Now when you save this as a tiff file, be sure to save with alpha, this will give you a mask when you import into the project. be sure to hide the mask layer.

If you want to see what this will look like in PSD, Make a selection from the mask layer, select the layer of the image and click on the layer button at the bottom of the layer pallette.

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Jeremey @ Digital Innovations
Re: Masking Questions
on Jul 21, 2005 at 4:22:58 am

I cannot seem to get it to work. I am very PS challenged. It sounds like it should be simple, but I cannot get it to work. Could I send you a sample of the shape and a picture I tried is on in a PSD and have you tweak it correctly? Would I then be able to bring in whatever pictures I want and replace the exisitng picture to get the same effect? If you wouldn't mind doing it just send me an email and can send over the PSD. jeremey@whatisdigitalinnovations.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]